Samstag, 28. Januar 2012

Bundesliga

Recently I have been playing this new Xbox game called FIFA 12 where you can play soccer as all of the different teams in all of the world leagues, and I of course have been only playing within the German League. Doing this has got me interested in German soccer so I looked it up. I happened to come across a website that has a long list of soccer terms all in German. Here are a few of my favorite words from the list:

Bombenschuss a difficult shot, usually from a long distance

Doppelpass one-two pass, give and go pass

Eckstoß corner kick

Fußballmannschaft football/soccer team

gelbe Karte caution, yellow card (for foul)

gewinnen (v.) to win
 verlieren to lose

Halbzeitpause halftime break (15 minutes)

Heimmannschaft home team

Hexenkessel an unfriendly stadium ("witch's cauldron")

Rauswurf ejection

rote Karte red card

Schlussmann (sl.) goalkeeper

Schuss shot

siegen (v.) to win, be victorious
 verlieren to lose

Sonntagsschuss a difficult shot

Stadion (Stadien) stadium

Strafstoß penalty kick

Tor goal

Torhüter goalkeeper

Verletzung injury

Weltmeisterschaft world championship

Zuschauer (pl.) spectators

While surfing the web for more information on German soccer, I found the official website for the Bundesliga. This website has a bunch of videos about the league in both german and english so you can watch both and try to pick out words and phrases that you know! Here is an example video that I watched in both german and in english, and there actually is a quite a bit that I could understand in the german version:

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/bundesliga-tv/?f=/de/bundesliga-tv/inc/video_flv/interview/0000203344.inc.php


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.