For this post, I decided to do the recommended reading option. Thus, I managed to get through reading Prinzessin Horst, which did prove to test my vocabulary. Oh, and the added bonus came into play when my German roommates came in, only finding me completely enthralled in a children's book. What can I say? We're just that cool in German 101. The plan was to read through it without stopping the first time, then go through it again and take in the pictures to try and figure out the story. Lastly, I did my best to translate the text with a German dictionary that I have on hand. I think I have the gist of it. It was a very cute story and I did enjoy feeling like I was sieben Jahre alt again. It explore an issue that couples deal with universally: naming their offspring. Yes, this is one tough situation. Obviously, King Helmut didn't get the memo that it was a joint decision, as he named his daughter Horst without consulting Queen Antje! Though this could have been a really bad move, it turns out that the uniqueness of her name saved King Helmut from ending up in the dog house. Lucky guy. Though there are a few more surprises, I do not want to be the one responsible for giving away the ending! You'll just have to read it yourself!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.