Dienstag, 6. März 2012

Nudity in Germany

Reading through the assigned articles for Kultur 4 were interesting, but what caught my attention the most was the article on nudism in Germany. I knew that Europeans were more open to public nudity, but I had no idea how open Germany is to it. This definitely makes sense based on other German stereotypes, mainly that Germans are highly logical. Their, sometimes notorious, adhesion to the logical would likely make them realize that clothes are really not all that necessary. Reading this in the articles made me love German culture that much more. Further research into the movement of nudism and naturalism, I found that the naturalist movement actually began in Germany in the early 1900s. The movement sprung from the health and fitness philosophies of the Lebensreform movement and the idea that some major diseases could be treated by exposure to sunlight. Now many German public parks and beaches have nudist sections. Also, many swimming pools and saunas allow their tenants to enjoy their times in the nude. I now know what I am going to do when I visit Germany!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.