Even if you speak no (or little) German, I think you can find the above video very funny. Watch it [and don't just read the blog entry without watching the whole video--- seriously it's like 30 seconds long]
I wonder, is this video making fun of anti-technology nature of German people, or just old people in general?
I think that if I had not ever taken German (oh, what a sad and pathetic life) I would have been able to get a rough idea of what this video is about, but after taking 101, I'm able to pick out bits and pieces. For example:
Geschenk- gift
Geburtstag- Birthday
fur diner- for your
so rechts- all right
I also notice that the kitchen in this video is rather small. Are kitchens in Germany substantially smaller than in the USA?
In other news, yesterday I saw Chrissy's Masters Recital. It was FABULOUS (and she was incredible). The second half of her program was Wagner's Wesendonck Liederabout. Four songs that amount to about a half hour of German music. Chrissy provided a poetic (not word for word) translation in the program and as she sang I was amazed at my ability to put the German text coming out her her mouth with the translation in front of me. Now, obviously, I couldn't understand everything, and I knew what I was looking for but it was still a lot of fun to put both the German language and singing sides of my brain together!!!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.