The way I went about it since we only needed to lesen for a short while was to open the book randomly and find the next chapter to start lesen. I found the chapter Abreise von Gleis neundreiviertal also known as The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-quarters. Having prior knowledge of the text it was very easy to pick up on certain things that were going on. I was no where near being able to read it all but I could tell certain little events like asking the guard if he knew about the platform. My favorite part was when they were looking at Platform nine and then looking at platform 10 and not seeing the "right one." Even in German you could tell how confused they seemed to be.
"Uber dem Bahnsteig hing auf der einen Seite die GroSe Plastikziffer 9, uber der anderen die groSe Plastikziffer 10, und dazwischen war nichts."
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.