Sonntag, 12. Februar 2012

AMD 3- Grey's in German


For this activity, I decided to watch an excerpt of Grey's Anatomy in Deutsch! I would be lying if I said that it wasn't extremely hard to follow, especially in the Emergency Room and Operating Rooms. I love watching Grey's Anatomy and it's one of my favorite shows, regardless of the lack of actual medicine involved. The episode was split up into zwei parts on youtube. Since I had seen this particular episode before, it helped me gain a better understanding of what was going on, especially since the German was going right over my head. After watching both parts a few times, I was able to pick out a few things they said, though! It is interesting to me how much faster the language is spoken amongst the Germans. German forces speakers to move their mouths so much more than English does and to hear it spoken at the rate in these clips just boggles my mind. I'm not sure if I can even do the same in English! This was very fun, though. I will definitely be doing this again in the future. With that said, I'm going to need a lot more experience with the language before I can fully comprehend what Dr. O'Malley und Dr. Bailey are arguing about.

Here's part of the episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbevY3yru3k

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.