Montag, 13. Februar 2012

Hairspray!



In 5th Grade I was obsessed with Broadway Musical Hairspray. Obsessed might be a bit of an understatement. I constantly listened to the cast recording on my "CD -Man" (my parents made a rule that I was not allowed to play the '60s infused pop score in a way that anybody who didn't want to hear it was forced to), my friends and I would put on mini-productions of the musical in our backyards, and I made my piano teacher teach me every song from the show on the piano.

So, imagine my pleasure and surprise when I found a youtube of Hairpsray...in German.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umu8mvxMj4E

Despite not having listened to the show in the last 8 years, I was able to remember most of the English lyrics without a problem, so I was able to listen to (and sometime giggle at) the Corny Collins show in German. Every so often I understood a word, but more often than not the German went right over my head.

However, I was able to decipher some of the comments in German left on the video. For example:
"das war eins der besten Musicals - und die schaffen das ab :("
I think first half of the sentence translates to "this [war=was?] the best Musical"

Also, I was thoroughly amused by the fact that some German person commented "Schööööön!!!" Apparently, Americans are not the only people who annoyingly increase the number of vowels in a word to show passion.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.