Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012

Troy Hayes--Kultur 3

For this assignment I read the articles Teutonic Humor, The Darkside, An Obsession Explained, Capping the Bottle, and Germans Fast Food. For the most part these articles were fairly interesting and enlightening of the German culture.
-From Teutonic Humor I found it really weird that their humor would change so much within such a relatively small area. My guess is that it was caused from the World Wars and how the country was split and everything but my guess is as good as yours.
-The darkside was a little bit of a downer. I mean I just don't get why they would not want to think about all the possible good things in life and not the bad.
-The Obsession Explained article was a good one about all the different types of beer and brewery's in Germany. The law of making beer with just Water, Hops, Malt, and yeast was made in Puritan times in 1516 (and is possibly still the law? I believe it is.) 75% of all European breweries are located in Germany, 1,274 of them.
-Capping the Bottle was intriguing in many ways. I thought it very funny that people would leave work and go get their "After-work Beer" for the bus ride home. Insane to me. What else was mind baffling was the fact that they are creating drinking areas where people who like to drink excessively go so they don't bother the public. Are they really going to go, and stay there if they do go once they are drunk?
-The last one about German Fast food was nice as well in the sense that you could just go and get some lamb at anytime of the day within 5 minutes. I've never even had lamb so that's crazy to me, seems kinda sacred or whatever.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.