I found this chapters Kulture Texte very enlightening of German manners and ways in which they operate. One thing that I found particularly interesting was their way of yes being yes and no being no. There isn't "well I said yes but we all know I really meant no, I was just being polite." I think that his happens all too often in the U.S. and it's a very misleading practice.
The stare down was another thing that i found interesting/funny. I hadn't known about the spying on your neighbors during WWII so I would have been very perplexed had I encountered this and not known the history behind their actions. One really funny part was, "maybe they don't know that staring too long on a New York subway could get the killed."
One thing I didn't like was all of the statistics that they like to know. I like numbers and math but wow there were so many things they might ask you. I know some of this was exaggerated but it seems as if they could just spit out numbers all day.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.