Dienstag, 6. März 2012

Der Weihnactskot singt

  For this AMD I thought I would try to watch an episode of South Park. It seemed like a lame idea but I was also interested to see how much of the dialogue I could follow. The answer, I came to find, is not all that much. Since I have not actually watched any new episodes of South Park in quite a while I figured it would be best not to watch a new one in Deutsch. I went for a classic for a classic episode of which I was pretty familiar with the plot. When I was eleven or twelve years old I was ripe for appreciating potty humor. I found a great deal of entertainment in 'Mr. Hankey, der Weihnachtskot.'

Hiya Hallo!

  As I said earlier, I didn't follow much of the dialogue but I could pick up a few words here and there. I think if I spent more time listening and interacting in German I could probably understand half the dialogue. It seemed pretty simple but the characters sprechen sehr schnell, ich verstehe wenig worte. Some things that I noticed that entertained me was how the nuances were translated. For example, Mr Hankey does not say 'Hidy-ho,' instead it was translated to 'Hiya Hallo.' I figured the people doing the German dialogue would leave it as is since it is a nonsense phrase anyway. And Mr. Mackey has a classic 'mmkay' that he adds to a majority of his sentences in English but in Deutsch he prefers a different pronunciation of the 'a' vowel and elects to say 'mmkah.' I wanted to find a transcript of the deutsch dialogue but I was unsuccessful in doing so. There are probably quite a few little changes in the words here and there just so it makes a little more sense in deutsch.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.