Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012

Kultur 1- Chas Gott

I found it interesting that German immigrants have settled on a "belt" throughout the Northern part of the US. I was talking to my German relatives, and after comparing weather (because it was in Florida where it was great weather all the time) it was clear that they experience what is very close to the weather we get in Michigan. This part of the text, explaining that Germans settle where they are reminded of home, stood out to me because it had some relevance to a conversation I had outside of class. I thought that this theme was pretty relevant throughout the text as well. The log cabin reference was interesting because they said that it has roots in Northern European history (THATS WHERE GERMANY IS!!!). I thought it was also interesting that there were as many estabolishments as there were in that day to help settlers from Germany feel welcome in the states, simply because they had an estabolishment for everything. From churches, to education, to partying, the German-Americans made a full switch from one country to another.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.