Montag, 30. Januar 2012

When reading these articles I found it quite funny and interesting reading about how Germans are described as being brutally honest. It makes me think, how awesome would it be to live in a place where everyone tells you the truth and you can say the complete honest truth to everyone else. Then, that thought carried me to the next thought (this is all stream of consciousness right now) warum sind die Amerikanner dishonest. Reading about a culture where your friends ask you if you have gained weight and all preferences are directly stated may seem funny or even rude, but it is an important question to ask why do we think that way in the first place. Didn't all of our parents try to teach us that honesty is the best policy? In America, and apparently in England, we have created societies where being polite is valued over being honest. I find this to be eine Scheiße. Honestly I would much rather someone tell me that my hair looks terrible than walk around all day with frosted tips just because my friend politely told me meine Haare sind attraktiv. It is understandable were politeness comes from because it may seem to be the way that keeps everyone happy, but I feel like most people would rather be told the truth than have the world hide it from them. This is one of the many reasons I like German culture. My entire life I have been told that Germans are very logical, honest people who drink a lot of beer. They seem like my kind of people!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Sicher! I would rather people are honest as well! It is rather shocking to most Americans visiting Germany for the first time, but for you, I hope it is refreshing!

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.