I are a nice filling omelette for dinner last night and decided that I wanted to try a new omelette recipe, so in accordance with our chapter on food vocabulary I searched for one in German! Here's the great recipe that I ended up using for Omelett mit Käse: http://www.lecker.de/rezept/683050/Omelett-mit-Kaese.html
I had to vary the recipe a bit because I didn't have all of the ingredients. I substituted the Rosmarin, Salbei, Thymain, und Muskatnuss for Oregano und Basilikum. I also substituted the schwarze Oliven for rote Paprika and Camembert for Cheddar. All of the measurements were listed in grams but there are many websites online that will make conversions for you so this ended up being no problem at all. I had to look up a lot of words in the process, but my omelett mit käse turned out pretty well so I must have understood the bulk of the instructions! Luckily omelettes are very simple to make and often don't even require a recipe so it was probably a good idea to start my first "cooking in german" endeavor with a food that I am already familiar with. Here are some of the new vocabulary words that I looked up in the process: Kirschtomaten= cherry tomato, champignon= mushroom, Muskatnuss= nutmeg, abtropfen= drain, scheiben= sclices, kräuter= herbs, Zubereitungszeit= preperation time. There were also many cognates that I found in the instructions such as öl, hacken, waschen, putzen (pulire in Italian), halbieren, lassen. I know that omelettes are originally a French tradition; are they also commonly enjoyed in Germany? I would love to try this recipe again one day when I am able to get all of the ingredients that it calls for. I have never tried Camembert cheese, do Germans use Camembert in many of their recipes?
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.