Samstag, 25. Februar 2012

AMD 4 - Apfelkuchen


Hallo Freunde!

Ich koche aber ich liebe backen! For this blog I decided early this morning when already feeling the onsets of a sweets craving to bake from a German Recipe. I decided on an Apple Cake, or as the recipe listed Apfelkuchen. If you search German Apple Cake there are about ein hundert recipes to choose from and they vary by region and difficulty! There was one recipe that called for a kugelhopf - which I think is some kind of bundt cake pan ( I actually do own one of those thanks to meine Großmutter, however I didn't really want to experiment with it!) Luckily my glass measuring cup is in both metric measurements and regular cups and quarter cups, so the varying recipe was not a big deal. As I write this the kuchen is currently backen and smells, well.. delicious! I've taken some pictures of my journey from nothing to cake and have decided to share them with you, as well as the super easy english version of the recipe (and to be honest I checked a lot of this, and found it posted online the same way in English before I finalized anything because I was fearful of it tasting poorly!)


First I went to the store and bought Granny Smith Apples, I figured the tart taste would be nice with the sweeter cake mix.


Next I first mixed together 2 Eggs, and what came out to a 3/4 cup of vegetable oil. Once that was mixed thoroughly I added 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of Vanilla, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 2 cups of Flour.

I started to peel and chop the apples now and was a little nervous because you needed VIER cups of them! That was 4 whole Äpfel!

A Lovely cup of apples, which you are supposed to "fold" into the mixture, here is where I thought that the best course of action would be to use my hands, little did I know that the batter was incredibly sticky and it would literally stick completely to my hands.


Luckily my roommate got home just as I was struggling and with a quick holler of "Helf mir!". Stephanie had used a spatula to get the mixture off of my hands and into the baking dish, well as much of it as we could. I mean, don't try this alone my friends.


Next I put in the oven - the directions called for it to be baked at 350 degrees für fünfundfünfzig minuten! I have at this point checked it at a half hour and although the top looked golden brown the inside is still a little raw!

.. Waiting is hard, very very hard.



Out of the oven now, waiting for it to cool enough to eat.


Okay it didn't look so great on a plate but it did taste fantastic no icing needed!

YUM YUM.

It was so so so so SO easy.
So please please ask me, should you feel the want to bake - Apfelkuchen!

Miss you all already! Enjoy your break, eat well!

Chrissy





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.