Montag, 23. Januar 2012

Kartoffelkopf Kultur1

    After reading the pdf I was left feeling a little disappointed in myself for not knowing much about my German heritage. It's a shame that a good deal of German culture has been forgotten in America. But it is awesome that some German culture has been absorbed unconsciously by our own American culture. Who doesn't love eating some hot dogs or, better yet, some bratwursts? I actually lived in one of the towns mentioned (Oak Park) and have been to that very Oktoberfest. It didn't seem super German but they did have some German attractions. The attractions were mainly beer and food. It seems like what always stands out to me about German culture is the food, I love it. Kartoffelsuppe is one of my favorite foods.

Kartoffelsuppe ist sehr gut. 
    What other cultural things in America can be traced back to German tradition? I found that many of the traditions related to Christmas are German. Gingerbread houses and nutcrackers are examples of German traditions. I'd always wondered why my mom wanted me to make a house out of candy. Would it be weird to make a gingerbread house now? It would be beautiful and delicious. Here is a link to a site that has a lot of good information about German culture and heritage in America: Bitte hier klicken!

Mein Hexenhaus. Er ist nicht sehr gut.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.