So for this Chapter's Kultur-Texte, I've decided to focus my attention on the article concerning organic foods in Germany. Though I found a few of the other articles interesting, the topic discussed in this one is something that I, too, feel very strongly about. So let's get those green thumbs out and talk about some Äpfel and stuff.
Being the Birkenstock-wearing hippie of an organic foods consumer that the writer speaks of and having my own predispositions concerning genetically modified food, I found this piece particularly intriguing. I'm totally with the Germans, here. This stereotype of the Germans isn't completely peculiar to me, in fact, I wish people were more like this in the states. Quite frankly, Americans need to be a bit more conscious about what they're

putting into their bodies. You're only doing yourself a favor when you eat that ruby red organic Apfel. Convenience and affordability of organic foods is a known issue for Americans today, however, the scenario would be completely different if the country was largely run on organic foods. In most cases, organic foods are actually energy savers as well. There are so many benefits to eating organic foods, I just don't see why it isn't more heavily enforced in the states, especially because we don't have an exact idea of the side effects of genetically modified food.
Basically, I think us Americans could learn a thing or two from the Germans. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy some organic gummy bears? Nonsense.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.