Not as its own separate food group of course, but as a sometimes snack, and well because es ist schnell! Upon reading the article about fast food I was both reminded of the disgusting food trucks in the United States that I have happened across (the author doesn't exactly make everything sound appealing), and my time abroad. Well, that might be a stretch, I'm not exactly a Weltreisender. I've only been to Kanada and London. But the particular passage about french fries really rang clear! It seems that no matter where you travel everyone eats pommes frites differently.
In Kanada they have poutine, which is a lovely combination of french fries and gravy, often cheese, and I can't say that's always a regular here in the United States.
And upon my trip to London, it spread quickly through die Amerikaner that ketchup was not exactly vorherrschend. Nor was it free, at least not in the handfuls of ketchup grabbing type of society we grew up in. Perhaps in this way Europe, London and Germany both, conserve more and don't waste so much ketchup, alright that might be a bit of a stretch.
Because I wanted to know more about German fast food, I researched and found, that open face sandwiches are definitely a german thing (I just can't wrap my head around the insides not being flanked by two pieces of bread. And that Germans seem to constantly be inventing. Check out this article about a German Restaurant that is mostly automated!
Next I went to a travel guide for fastfood in specific areas, I chose Munich. It has now been set in my mind that there is, like in all places, quite a variety of "fast food" establishments in every country. They just might not all be exactly what we've come to expect!
Bis Morgen!
Chrissy
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.