Montag, 13. Februar 2012

AMD 3 How I Met Your Mother and Candy!

Well the first thing that I want to write about is my experience watching German dubbed American TV series. The show that I chose to watch was "How I met your mother," oder "Wie ich eure Mutter kennenlernte" auf Deutsch. I have to say that watching the show in German, without subtitles was pretty interesting.

The episode was quite odd (I have not seen the English version of this episode). The episode included lines like "Ich haße Ewoks." That's right, Ewoks. It was surprising how much of the episode I was able to understand. While single words and structure were hard to understand to each detail, it was quite easy to understand key concepts and major plots in the show. The fact that I could follow the physical actions of the characters along with the words helped A LOT! I actually understood a lot more than I had expected.
I am certain that the episode included Barney making a graph of dates of birth after which people really began to appreciate Ewoks, and before which they didn't. Because his girlfriend "hated" Ewoks, Barney thought she was born before this age cut-off, making her 37. If you know Barney Stinson, then you know that to him, that is definitely not okay. He continues to freak out, until she tells him she is only 29, and Barney is overwhelmed with relief. Additionally, Robin goes out with a guy on some dates, and has troubles with the U-Bahn.

 I think I'm going to start watching some more TV series in German. I think it really helps with comprehension. Also many people (older) have told me that watching movies and television in German is what really developed their German language skills. I also want to mention that the voices were nothing like that in the American version, which was quite weird for me. However, because I was focusing on the words and plot so much, I didn't really notice the lip movements not being in sync. I guess I was really in tuned to what was going on.

Just as a little side to add some writing space to this blog, I wanted to just add some things about my Deutsch experiences. So for today, German candy! Everyone has a sweet tooth. Some of my favorite German chocolate includes Milka Haselnuss and Milka Schoko & Keks. They are both crazy good and I always bring these back with my from Germany. Ritter Sport is also a very popular German brand of chocolate. The next candy... HARIBO!!!! These gummy candies are to die for. You can get Haribo gummy bears in the US, (Gold Bears), but they not imported and are just not as good as the German made Goldbären gummy bears. Below is a link I just found where you can order the German made gummy bears, it is very tempting. Another little treat I am about to enjoy is Knoppers! These are like a chocolate, vanilla, wafer treat. Many people warm them up in the microwave making them the German equivalent of S'mores, they don't have graham crackers in German supermarkets to make American S'mores. There are a million other German candies that are amazing. I will end on possibly my favorite German gummies. I am waiting for amazon to email me telling me when they get more of these imported and in stock: Haribo Schlümpfe (see below)!!!!!!! I just looked and they have them! Enjoy everyone!


Haribo goldbären:
http://www.germandeli.com/goldbaeren.html?utm_source=goldbaeren&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=GOOGLEFEED

Knoppers: (link is from the Supermarket link that we visited/talked about today in class)
http://www.leshop.ch/leshop/Main.do/direct/en/Supermarket/-18238/-10478/325378

Haribo Schlümpfe:
http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Schluempfe-Smurf-Gummi-Candy/dp/B001JSR1EU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329195630&sr=8-1






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.