Sonntag, 18. März 2012

German Indie music

One thing I am really good at is listening to music. Whenever I do homework, I listen to music. Whenever I walk to class, I listen to music. So for this AMD I thought I would look into the German music scene. I really like to listen to electronic music and I found a list of good German indie bands on wikipedia so I listened to a few of them. One of my favorites that I found was a band called Klee. My favorite song is called "Ich vermiss dich" which was all about relationships so the vocal we learned for Kapital fünf was very useful. With other songs like "für immer" and "die Stadt" it is easy to pick up a bunch of different sections of the song, but it is still difficult to understand as a whole. One section of "die Stadt"goes like:

Du brauchst mich um zu bleiben
Ich brauch dich um zu gehen
Du brauchst meine Augen
Um Dich selber zu sehen

Which is completely translatable with our knowledge. This translates to:

You need me to stay
I need you to go
You need my eyes
For you to see yourself

This band Klee was started in 2002 in Cologne and has a name that means "Clover"

Yet another band that I found worth listening to is called Wir sind Helden. They were started in 2000 in Hamburg and got very big in German with the introduction of their song "Guten Tag" which I am listening to while writing this and actually find kind of obnoxious. Other songs like "Denkmal" and "Darf ich das behalten" are much better. What I learned while searching for German bands was that it wasn't until around 2000 that many German-speaking bands became popular in the reunified Germany. I believe that this implies that many Germans listened to American music until then. Either way, many German bands that exist today I find really quite good and worth listening to frequently (Definitely not Rammstein!)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.