Dienstag, 6. März 2012

The Little Red Man

It's true that Germans can be sticklers about the many everyday tasks and that's fine, it wasn't a judgement. This characteristic can help them in many ways and it keeps Deutschland looking a little more put together. On the contrary, the American way completely differs from those Germans. For instance, you're never going to see a German guy jaywalking. On the other hand, Americans are constantly partaking in this act. I mean, let's face it, we all know what jaywalking is and what it entails. I'm probably not too far off when I say that most of us have participated in this illegal and reckless act, too (Yes, I'm talking to you). However, if I were to say the same thing, only concerning Germans, not only would I be quite mistaken, but I would most certainly get a lecture from a local. No matter how cool you are or how much of a daredevil you may claim to be, jaywalking in Germany is just not okay. Simply speaking of the looks that you would get far exceeds most types of public humiliation these days. What are you going to say to Mom when her little boy now has a permanent image of you jaywalking burned inside of his brain? Think of the children. Plus, you really don't want to mess with the BMW coming at you with Mario Andretti behind the wheel (or some impersonation of him). Germans drive for a challenge and you, being the illegal, reckless and totally American jaywalker, are just asking to be that. That's why you gotta listen to that little red man. If the punkest punk of the punks can do it, you can, too.

So about that picture I posted above... Yep, true story in Deutschland.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.