I
love listening to German musik. Here are some songs I like, and most are
current hip-hop. I warn you that some songs may have explicit lyrics (I’m sure
the first song doesn’t), so I apologize. I will write mainly about the
first song, although I like all the songs a lot. I think the first is the most
mainstream and true to the youth generation in the US.
I
want to note, with very few exceptions (like Monsta, Hamma!, Schwinger {and
some other Seeed/Peter Fox songs}, etc) German songs do not gain enough popularity
to make it on the radio. Surprising right? The irony is that I am talking about
the radio in Germany… My first time in Europe, Spain particularly, and then in
Berlin, Germany I was shocked listening to the radio. All you will hear are
American/British hits, i.e. Rihanna, Katy Perry, David Guetta (Er ist Deutcher), Bruno
Mars, Lady Gaga, Adele (sie ist Engländerin), Drake, Pitbull, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, etc. Also, most famous singers in Germany,
in order to get enough recognition, sing in English. An example is Lena (sie kommt aus Hamburg), German winner of
the Eurovision contest 2 years ago, and her song “Satellite.”
Monsta is a song about a guy at a club who sees a girl… she is stunning, sexy, hamma, geil. Er geht verrückt. She just wants to play with his head. She’s a Monsta (monster) an expression of intimidation I think… hott, sexy, dangerous: the bad girl a guys wants but will never have. They drink together. When he gets her a drink, “Sie guckt mich an und lacht / und sagt ich sei der geilste Junge dieser Welt / doch das wird nichts ändern denn sie steht auf Männer” (She looks at me and laughs / And says I am the most awesome boy in the world / But that won’t change anything since she’s into men) haha. He drinks so much with her, she starts to divide (double vision) and everything blurs. He mentions how lucky he is and that she is Hammer geil. (Listen to the song “Hamma!” by the same band, which is linked below in order to understand the word). The last main lyrics state that he doesn’t know whom to kiss first (which image of her from the double vision), and he realizes how drunk he is.
I really like that song, and “Hamma!” too, they are just really catchy. Additionally, Seeed is really cool. They are a German hip-hop/rap/reggae band that sings German with English lyrics also. “Schwinger” and “Ding” are, I believe, their most popular songs. They also just released “Wonderful Life” which is great, but it is all in English.
“Oh Johnny” was the first German song I ever heard in Europe, on MTV Germany. It is catchy also, and has a weird hip-hop / jazz vibe.
You will also notice how different the accents are of the different musicians. They speak various dialects of German that are easily distinguishable. Also notice the level of slang use, like in “Oh Johnny.”
Monsta is a song about a guy at a club who sees a girl… she is stunning, sexy, hamma, geil. Er geht verrückt. She just wants to play with his head. She’s a Monsta (monster) an expression of intimidation I think… hott, sexy, dangerous: the bad girl a guys wants but will never have. They drink together. When he gets her a drink, “Sie guckt mich an und lacht / und sagt ich sei der geilste Junge dieser Welt / doch das wird nichts ändern denn sie steht auf Männer” (She looks at me and laughs / And says I am the most awesome boy in the world / But that won’t change anything since she’s into men) haha. He drinks so much with her, she starts to divide (double vision) and everything blurs. He mentions how lucky he is and that she is Hammer geil. (Listen to the song “Hamma!” by the same band, which is linked below in order to understand the word). The last main lyrics state that he doesn’t know whom to kiss first (which image of her from the double vision), and he realizes how drunk he is.
I really like that song, and “Hamma!” too, they are just really catchy. Additionally, Seeed is really cool. They are a German hip-hop/rap/reggae band that sings German with English lyrics also. “Schwinger” and “Ding” are, I believe, their most popular songs. They also just released “Wonderful Life” which is great, but it is all in English.
“Oh Johnny” was the first German song I ever heard in Europe, on MTV Germany. It is catchy also, and has a weird hip-hop / jazz vibe.
You will also notice how different the accents are of the different musicians. They speak various dialects of German that are easily distinguishable. Also notice the level of slang use, like in “Oh Johnny.”
Du bist hamma! Bis später! Tschüss!
Monsta
(English, Monster) – Culcha Candela
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IykE0YyVR34
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IykE0YyVR34
German Lyrics
In English link below
English Lyrics:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/monsta-monster.html
Schwinger
- Seeed
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cosC_QHNo
German Lyrics:
http://www.lyricstime.com/seeed-schwinger-lyrics.html
English Lyrics:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.lyricsvip.com/Seeed/Schwinger-Lyrics.html&ei=aAMVT5iSLMqJgwfAm8HRAw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CF8Q7gEwCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dschwinger%2Blyrics%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS355%26biw%3D690%26bih%3D629%26prmd%3Dimvns
Hamma!
– Culcha Candela
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWpW6W-kfnw&ob=av2e
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWpW6W-kfnw&ob=av2e
German Lyrics:
In English link below
English Lyrics:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/hamma-hamma-german-hamma-english.html
Ding
- Seeed
Video:
German Lyrics:
In English link below
In English link below
English Lyrics:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/ding-thing.html
Oh
Johnny - Jan Delay
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNrAomoVUkU skip to 0:40
German Lyrics:
In both English links below
English Lyrics:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/oh-jonny-oh-johnny.html
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/oh-jonny-oh-jonny.html
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.