Sonntag, 8. April 2012

Kultur 6 Bild

I thought it was really funny to see that Bild Zeitung was a topic article for this assignment. I am very familiar with the paper/tabloid and even did an AMD on one. Like many other people in Germany, Bild is a paper that I can look at and easily understand topics due to its large headlines and numerous pictures. I get a good laugh out of Bild because while it often presents real issues that are happening, many are taken out of context, satirized, and simply distorted. The paper will write about anything that will turn heads and flip pages. They do that pretty well. For me, Bild is a good and easy read for me when I get on a plane back to the US from Germany, because I have few other options. I will agree that Bild often goes over the top on many issues and its openness with sex and nudity was pretty shocking to me, given that I have never seen a US newpaper with boobs and half naked women on it, although for Bild, I am three for three. But I have to admit, the paper is quite entertaining. Like in the example in the article, two of my papers contain well-endowed, poorly clothed women with titles like "Holly's heiße Bluse" und "Sonja guckt bei Männern aufs Gesicht..."

While apparently it is difficult to get the Bild Girl off the front page, it does happen. My only paper where she is missing from the front page was following the death of Loriot, title: Loriot tot! Danke für das Lachen. Here is the wikipedia on Loriot:
Bernhard Victor Christoph Carl von Bülow (short: Vicco von Bülow, 12 November 1923, Brandenburg an der Havel – 22 August 2011, Ammerland at Lake Starnberg),[1] more commonly known under the pseudonym Loriot, was a German comedian, humorist, cartoonistfilm directoractor and writer.
Other Main front page articles include the end of Gaddafi's reign, where the capital was taken over and Muammar disappeared. The other main front page article I have is regarding a serious Dioxin-Skandal in food.

Other popular articles or themes throughout the papers include Fußball, Lots and lots of Fußball. Also there are many celebrity snapshots on beaches in bikinis or getting intimate with spouses or hookups. There are several articles about the EU and its problems, autos, crime, the economy, disease scares, films, more breasts, musicians, and public transportation.

I have three copies Bild. Two are from Berlin-Brandenburg, and the other from Frankfort. Anyone who wants to look at them is more than welcome.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.